Welcome to the Community Alliance & Action Network! “We are here...” for you!
C.A.A.N. has many committees that need the help only you can provide. Just look below and see what may interest you. If you wish to be part of inventing the future, fill out the interest form
and the committee chair will contact you. You can do as much or as little as you want to. And to help out with special events, etc., do check out our volunteer opportunities page
Activities and Programs: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Developing a yearly activities program.
- Planning and organizing educational, athletic, cultural, health programs.
- Reviewing and/or evaluating ongoing programs.
- Managing and maintaining C.A.A.N.’s library and archives.
Public Relations: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Providing C.A.A.N. related information to the general public and news media.
- Providing C.A.A.N. related information to the general membership.
- Providing information about the LGBTQ community to the general membership.
- Recognizing those who make outstanding contributions to our community.
- Seeking sponsorship for public relation events.
Membership: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining an ongoing membership recruitment program.
- Developing and implementing a membership renewal recruitment program.
- Maintaining a current membership list.
Fund Raising: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Developing a yearly fundraising plan with budget and revenue projections.
- Planning and implementing annual and special events.
- Seeking sponsorship for fundraising events.
- Identifying and applying for special grants.
Building: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Managing, maintaining, and improving C.A.A.N. offices and equipment, and the C.A.A.N. website.
- Developing a long-range plan for housing a larger C.A.A.N. community center.
Capital Improvements: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Developing a strategy for capital improvements.
- Developing a fundraising program to fund capital improvements.
Nominating: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Selecting candidates for regular election of directors as noted in the Bylaws.
This committee is made up of two directors and three members in good standing.
Volunteer: As part of this committee, you’ll help with:
- Developing a volunteer recruitment program.
- Training and managing volunteers.
C.A.A.N. can only be as strong as its participatory members. Fill out the interest form, and join a committee today!