- Chicago Gender Society: Chicago Gender Society is an educational, support and social organization for the Transgender and Transsexual Community.
- Church of St. Benedict: (Episcopal) www.stbenedict.ws 909 Lily Cache Lane, Bolingbrook, 630-759-5955, We seek to be a community of welcome for all people and families. You will find a place of support (and fun!) in worship, education, and fellowship in the church community at St. Benedict. We welcome gay and lesbian couples who are members of our church (or who are close family of members) to have their civil union blessed here. Not a member? Come visit a Sunday service, our website, or contact our priest to see if we might be a community where you feel at home (check our website for current contact info). We are a diverse congregation in class, race, and age and we are fully handicapped accessible.
- DignityUSA: DignityUSA is a resource for gay Catholics to find affirmation and support from others.
- Gay Chicago Pages: gaychicagopages.com exist to provide a readily available directory of unbiased product and service providers in the Chicago area. Our goal is to be a conduit for the GLBT and those who appreciate our business. contact Rod Sheppard @ (773)527-6579. Ext. 313
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association: glma.org Founded in 1981 to help ensure equality in healthcare for the LGTB community. We offer an online directory of non-judgmental and culturally competent doctors, therapist, nurses, dentists and other providers that you can trust. Find our online provider directory at: www.glma.org/referrals For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 415-255-4547
- Get Covered Illinois: getcoveredillinois Talk to Shanda Raglin at (815-685-5093) or by email at email@example.com at the Family Guidance Center for help to sign up for health insurance.
Gina L. Spielman, LCSW & Associates: Psychotherapy services in the western suburbs of Chicago: Gina Spielman, 445 W. Jackson Ave., Suite 105, Naperville IL 60540, 630-212-7048, firstname.lastname@example.org. lgbtq affirming! www.ginaspielman.com
- GLAAD: The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is dedicated to promoting and ensuring fair, accurate and inclusive representation of people and events in the media as a means of eliminating homophobia and discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Good Shepherd Church. www.welcome432.org We are a Reconciling in Christ congregation, part of the Lutherans Concerned/North America program. 25 Alexander Circle, Suite 1 Romeoville, IL 60446 815-886-4354
- Guardian Angel Home: Guardian Angel Home provides services for those who are victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault. We have established a collaboration with them to provide services to LGBT victims and work together as C.A.A.N.'s non-violence program is created and implemented.
- Hatzidakis Law: Attorney for Employment Cases. Hatzidakis Law is a law firm dedicated to protecting and advancing employee civil rights. Contact Hatzidakis Law by calling 312-857-5577 or visiting hatzidakislaw.com Attorney Christina D. Hatzidakis regularly respresents LGBT individuals in discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases against their employers. She welcomes cases of individuals who have been treated differently at work due to their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, race national origin, disability, religion, marital status, caregiving responsibilities, and other reasons.
- Health Degrees: Health Careers If you're interested in medicine, health and wellness you may want to consider a health degree. The link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics provides details about each field. To start a fulfilling career in the healthcare industry then Joliet Jr. College, St. Francis University and Lewis University are the 3 educational institutions in Joliet to call.
- Housing and Mortgages for the LGBT Couple: mortgageloan.com/lgbt/ a comprehensive consumer guide for the LGBT community that talks about the various approaches that can be used in getting a mortgage and other similar topics. "disclaimer" people should check with their own reputable attorney for legal questions regarding home ownership, survivorship, wills, trusts, living trusts, etc.
- Illinois NOW: the goal of the National Organization of Women is to take action to bring about equality for all women. Now works to eliminate discrimination and harassment in the workplace, schools, the justice system, and all other sectors of society.
- KML Associates: KarenMLavin.com A family law firm based in Crystal Lake that is gay and lesbian friendly. Services include pre-nuptial agreements, civil union agreements, domestic partnerships, adoptions, estate planning, and dissolution of marriage for same sex couples. Call Karen Lavin at 815-356-0800.
- Lavender Green Caucus: The Lavender Greens are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer Greens organized as a Caucus with the purpose of promoting LGBTIQ issues within the Green Party.
- Life Insurance: The Simple Dollar Life Insurance Guide. In 2006 Trent Hamm started sharing his personal finance, insurance, and retirement advice because he was frustrated with how dense and misleading the information available was. The Simple Dollar is the result. Check it out.
- Linda Jo Martin, LCSW: A Licensed Clinical Social Worker with vast experience working within the LGBTQ community. Her private practice is dedicated to adults, adolescents, families and couples. All facets of life difficulties explored: relationships, coming out issues, self-esteem, stress/depression/anxiety - just to name a few. Client self-determination is always at the heart of our work together. Confidential. Most insurances accepted.114 Church Street Suite 106 New Lenox, IL 60451 (773) 404-0168
- Loving More: Love More About polyamory. Romantic love with more than one person, honestly, ethically, and with the full knowledge and consent of all concerned.
- LGBTQ Youth:Youth Outlook provides social, educational, and recreational programming, including HIV prevention, speakers, discussions, and game nights. Naperville, Aurora, DeKalb, Sterling.
- National Center for Transgender Equality: The national center for transgender equality is a national social justice organization devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people through education and advocacy.